Tuesday, January 3, 2012

kicked the habit


D developed a nervous habit of biting her nails. There was a day when Collin went with her to a firestation with her preschool class. He said she just bit her nails the entire time. That day I went out and bought this...

($3 wal-mart)
I remember my parents putting this on me to try to get me to stop sucking my thumb. I also remember powering through the disgusting taste and it not working, but I thought I would give it a try with D.
After two days of spitting and needing to wipe her tongue off on a towel and get a drink she stopped, and hasn't started again. :)

Yay! Now to get her to stop picking her nose.....

3 comments:

Eve said...

WOW! That is awesome!

I would just send her to the bathroom to nose-pick. It's going to happen either way, but maybe you'll have to watch less. ;)

Suz said...

Awesome! Let me know when you figure out the nose thing.

red said...

Hey it's your fault for helping her grow such amazing booger pickers!! :) I really don't think it will ever end, but at least they hide from me when they "taste" it now...(disgusted shiver)